Monday 18 February 2013

Suggested post length by use of thoughtlet in post title?


I think (therefore I am - literary ed) that I am going to have a go at using my new word, thoughtlet in post titles, why I hear you ask; yes, you are asking that, your memory is going, you know. I have to mention that sometimes the stampeding thoughts of my loyal Alaskan reader intrude into my unreality and just have to be dealt with. This was one of those events and given the time difference, what is he/she doing browsing the web at this time of the morning.

Anyhow, back to this concurrent thread of thought, to answer you as succinctly as possible (not a chance - word counting ed), so that you are given some clue as to the length of the post that you might read. See post Thoughtlets.
-
However, as you might imagine, not every post can be or indeed should a be thoughtlet. So given the wandering of this post it is very clear that this post, even though discussing the usage of thoughlet in its title, cannot as of itself be considered to be a thoughtlet.

Why, oh why would I want to embed information about the length of the content of a post in the title of the post? (Are you still with him, lost me a couple of paragraphs ago - ed)

The reason, my dear, dear, loyal reader is this. It seems fair. Fairness is fundamental part of me. You, my reader, are giving my post moments of your time and I feel great guilt if I do not give you fair warning of its snakelike length.

"But, Mr. AViewWithARoom,  we can stop reading in a fraction of a second and browse away."

You are so, so naive. Try it, go on and try it.

[Time passes]

Are you back yet. See, you couldn't stay away, you just had to get to the end of these what may seem inane ramblings...

So, let's get it straight, I want to ensure that, by reading my musings, you  are not caught up in my stream of unconsciousness (definite future post title - pending confirmation of contents by legal team - ed) and without knowing it suddenly find whole minutes of your life are lost to you.

What is worse, as you age and fail to become a fine red wine (and end up possibly corked - oeonphile ed), you find that minutes pale into insignificance as years fly by with a steadily increasing velocity. There is a good reason for this - but really does stand up on its hind legs and begs to be a thoughtlet to be posted right now in a few moments time [Short amount of time later, and it is done].

So where am I heading with this get to, well as you may have noticed,

"Are you paying attention at the back?",  I haven't posted anything for a couple of days. (Those weekends are sneaky critters, get ya' when you're least expecting it - plain speaking western ed). 

Weekends are the time when, "Things need to be done", we are talking gardening, doing the accounts, hoovering, ironing, answering emails, answering official letters, going to the recycling centre (dump/tip more colloquially - recycling ed), getting out of the house for a walk to get some fresh air (as sometimes pressing your face against the window and taking a deep lung filling breath at the ventilation slot just won't do - health ed), going shopping, visiting obscure relatives, tidying up, putting things away, putting things into the attic, taking things out of the attic, occasionally tidying up the attic, did I mention ironing.

So, given all of that how do you expect me to have any time to do a new post....

No comments:

Post a Comment