Wednesday 13 February 2013

Change of theme

Well had a bit of a Spring clean on the blog. Altered the theme a little as, after looking at the blog via my mobile phone,  I realised that I couldn't easily read it! (where was the system tester - ed ).
So as well as that, decided to do my first post from a phone.

Up On The Roof
Just been outside, whilst it was neither raining nor snowing (need to make the most of these rare opportunities this Winter - weather ed) and up on the roof (what a great title for a song - music ed) to clear the guttering at the back of the house.

Luckily the roof for the extension is flat (like your cap - fashion ed). So after struggling to get up onto the roof as the foldable ladder just wasn't long enough. Then being passed the ladder by Bridget, as once on the roof I  couldn't reach the ladder to pull it up after me (doh! - ed).

Was careful to walk across the roof finding roof beams and treading as close to the wall as possible (well done - hse ed).

Once at the guttering i.e. on top of the ladder on top of the flat roof (and failing the urge to shout "I'm the King of the world" - film ed)  cleaning the guttering was a breeze as it was like a lawn, lifted one end and rolled it up in one go, just like.lifting a thin piece of turf.

You might rightly think, on reading that, that the guttering hadn't been cleared in some time and you'd be right! Better late than never is my motto (no it isn't - legal ed)

Afterthought
Funnily enough, Titanic is one film I have never seen, well that and ET. Not quite sure why, possibly it is because I tend to react badly to the "must see" film meme when it does the rounds.

UK Winter Weather Bah

It was lucky I went up on the roof when I did lunchtime - as it is now snowing... definitely a "Dye The Fish" or "Seize The Day" moment of inspiration. (Do you really think anyone will get that - literary ed)

BTW

Seems I had to reformat this post, as what I posted from the phone came out all in one blob, whereas I do like a little whitespace here and there, ooh and over there, and just behind there, perfect.

Horsemeat

Looking into the spelling of this - it appears that horsemeat is preferred to horse meat in the UK. But the spell checker isn't happy with it as all one word - must be a configuration option somewhere to choose this.. will investigate.

No comments:

Post a Comment