Saturday 16 March 2013

Return of Charlie The Dog - Heather, Don't Look

Well, it appears that Charlie the Dog is going to make himself known to us today. The picture was finished a while back, but my Sister-in-Law Heathers' Birthday is not until November, and I just cannot wait any longer (why is that - ed)

Well, the picture has moved from the mantelpiece and up onto the top of a cupboard. It is no longer visible, and I miss him, (really - ed). Well I miss him looking at me in his languid way, as he asks,

"Have you finished painting me yet? I simply cannot hold this position any longer."

Talking dog eh? No, no, no, that is what I imagine him saying, he didn't actually sit for me, just got some emailed photos to aid in his creation.


The photo that I worked from


Ready, steady, sketch
Trying to get the hair colour
Fluffing up the hair
Attempting to get that nose right
Bit of shading and outlining the background and more nose fiddling

Attempting to get the floor sorted, yet more nost fiddling

Finished article, as you have to stop at some point, still not happy with the nose.

 You may recall from the original article, that one of the photos I received was a little scary. This one gives me the frights (you are just way too sensitive - ed)





No comments:

Post a Comment