Friday 30 November 2012

Post Painting Post

Have spent most of today doing a new oil painting. Looking like a Caribbean sea/sky scape, with a setting sun and a sail boat on the horizon...D'oh - why don't I just upload the painting as it is so far... one second.

View from Barbados looking west into setting sun.

It is incomplete - need to sort out the right hand bottom tree/bush. Also the sail boat needs some fixing - but needs to dry a little before I do any more. I like the sea colour, managed to capture some of the turquoise in the sea that was visible - but the photo failed to do justice too.

As ever, room for improvement. Another second and I'll put the photo that this is based on.


I have accentuated the colours a little, artistic licence (Artistic licences are available for £75.65 from all good post offices - ed).

So tonight is a special night, was my 52nd on Monday, and we have saved the minor celebration until this evening. Looks like it is going to be Smoked Salmon & Champagne (Bit cheesey - ed) - absolutely no cheese, but some crispy things for the Salmon to sit on.

So cheers, have a great weekend, I intend to.

But what happened to any Leveson comment. Well, I will have to read up on it before I comment. But given my liberal (note the small L) and libertarian instincts - the thought of the state getting involved with direct regulation of the press looks to me like the thin end of a very dangerous wedge.

Remember Income Tax was a temporary tax that only the wealthy had to pay for.





No comments:

Post a Comment