Thursday 29 November 2012

Not Leveson

This is a post that is not about the Leveson report. I have chosen not to listen to any of it so far, as it will be well and truly plastered all of the newspapers tomorrow, and I can catch up with it all there.

So, what delectations and delights do have I to warble on about today. Well saw 'Brave', the movie last night. Have to admit, though pleasant as it was, it just didn't hit the spot for me. Graphics were good, the story just failed to engage me sufficiently, which was disappointing. I have to admit, that given I have watched 'In Bruges' and 'My Name is Khan' over the last couple of days, there is probably not a lot that would have engaged me.

If you have not seen 'My Name is Khan', I strongly recommend it. Brought out the tears (but you are a man - ed), which I am not at all bothered about admitting too. One of the many scenes that did me in, was when Ammi asked for a hug from Rizu, struck a deep resonant chord with me that one. At least my teenage boys still allow me to hug them.

'In Bruges', causing a turning of the tap of tears, which was most unexpected. It is in the genre of 'The Guard' and to an extent 'Perrier's Bounty' - all three of which had Brendan Gleeson. Is it now mandatory for any Irish made films to have either Brendan Gleeson or Liam Cunningham in? Their agent has got a very good deal for them there, luckily for him they are both wonderful actors (is their agent paying you - ed).




No comments:

Post a Comment