Monday 13 January 2014

New Year - Older Watercolours

Well in my perusing of photographs, looking for something that leaps out at me and says, "Paint me". I came across a bunch (in this case a bunch is 28! - ed) of watercolours that I painted in late Spring early Summer 2013; and being a sharing kinda person thought I would shove a link to the watercolours into a post. Just back there, the linke at the end of the last sentence where it says "link to the watercolours".

Well, having looked at them again, not happy with the trees at all. Not quite got the knack of trees in watercolour, as quite different to painting with oils. Quite (moderately - ed) happy with the trees in the Eastern Barbados oil painting, as I reckon the bark is better than for most trees that I have done.

Reasonably happy with the sunsets, skies, seas, "make it up as I go along",  paintings, as was attempting to get the essence of sunsets etc, rather than any specific sunset etc so the way they turn out are the way they turn out (lost me there - ed).

Hadn't planned on a particularly long post, just a quickie to point you all in the direction of the watercolours. As ever, comment is welcome, and if anyone really likes the look of any of the paintings that I have done, I am sure I can arrange framing and posting for a small fee to cover costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment