Saturday 10 May 2014

Underneath the arches near Waterloo train station

Wimbling about Lambeth I discovered a host of mosaics. Following on from finding out about the ship's sculpture I decided to wend my way past Lambeth palace, through the park and underneath some arches holding the train lines that lead to Waterloo station.

To my surprise (boy was he surprised, there might have even been a gasp - ed), there were a large number of mosaics to be seen on both side of the arches. Turns out that William Blake lived on Hercules Road in Lambeth for around ten years and this open air perpetual exhibition is Lambeth's way of marking that period.

I don't know much about Blake, but if you want to know more, wikipedia gives you a good feel for the man and his works.


No comments:

Post a Comment