Saturday 10 May 2014

Lambeth Palace, afternoon glory , silly human race (sic)

A couple of photos of the exterior of Lambeth palace, the London official home of the Archbishop of Canterbury.

For the many foreign readers of this blog, the Archbish, is the Church of England's version of the pope, but substantially more understated, as good citizens of this fine country usually are (wink - ed).

I have a fondness for the Archbish, as I spent 3 years at the University of Kent many years ago (many many years ago - historical accuracy ed), and was a frequent visitor to Canterbury Cathedral. In fact, I was awarded my dusty Degree in Computer Science there in the early 80's and I have a number of photos of a very hairy and skinny version of me on that very day. Doesn't time fly.  (What about letting your readers see the photos? - publicity ed)

Lots of fond memories of Canterbury, and I believe the University is having a series of shindigs this year in readiness of celebrating 50 years of existence in 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment