Saturday 10 May 2014

Sculptures in and around Reading town centre

Sculptures and Reading, really, art in Reading? Spent the day in Reading with my bruvver Paul the other Saturday, and being me I suggested we wander around the town to see what we could see.

Well, for me at least, I was gladdened to find that there were a number of sculptures around the town.

Was quite taken by the Friar, by Elizabeth Frink (wow I've actually heard of her! - arts ed), for something so large and lifelike, it seemed to me to be quite ghostly?

My lion photo, is the back view of the Maiwand Lion, in Forbury Park. I do have a photo of the front of it, but not to hand at the moment. But the photo does not give you get a good sense of the scale. This is one enormous Lion! The park is just a couple of minutes walk from the High Street, and is worth heading for to find a little bit of calm in Central Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment