Friday 17 April 2015

Visit to Cambridge on a glorious sunny day in February

Back in Feburary (but we are in April - picky ed) - I know, I know, but the year just whizzed past and now we are here - so just live with it; I drove Bridget to Cambridge (Cambridgeshire, England, Europe not the one in Mass. USA  - geography ed), that is I drove the car whilst she was in it, not that I drove her out of the house and she ended up in Cambridge, in case you were wondering!

Now, I had never been to Cambridge before, so as far as I was concerned it was an adventure (you just have all the best adventures - sarcastic ed), especially as it involved a drive around the M25 and up the M11, not the most direct route, but the quickest.

We went very early, leaving at 5 a.m. and were at a park and ride to the south west of Cambridge by about 7 a.m. and were in central Cambridge about 7:30 a.m. We had missed breakfast - to get out the house quicker and found a Cote Brasserie (thank you Google Maps) for breakfast. For those who don't know it Cote do one of the best English breakfasts that I have ever had.

Back to the point, Bridget had a meeting, so I had a few hours to wander around Cambridge, which I did. It was a gloriously sunny day, though cold in the shade and below are the photos I took.

Photos around Cambridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment