Monday 21 April 2014

Wandering around the Embankment after work - inspired by H V Morton "In Search of London"

Bridget had a leaving do at work a week or so ago and so I had a wander around. The walk was inspired by the book that I have been reading for a number of weeks. A travel writer, H V Morton, writing in the 1950's about post war London.

The author has an ability to find nuggets of information and bring to life London throughout the ages. One chapter deals with walking down the Embankment - so I decided to do the same and take a few photos of the statues, building and flowers (fabulous swathes of vibrantly coloured (colored - US ed) tulips.

I was so struck by them that we both went to London on Easter Saturday to do a much more extended walk

Wandering around the Embankment gardens (click the link if you can spot that it is a link - if you click on the first photo - you will get full size - I can take a reasonably good photo when I am awake!)

No comments:

Post a Comment