Thursday 17 January 2013

A Timely Visit

Had youngest son, taller and much hairier than me now, visit last weekend. He likes drawing anime  characters, so I suggested that after breakfast on the Saturday that he do that and I will paint.

This turned out to be a good idea, I ended up finishing an existing painting and knocking out another two. There appears to be a bit of a red theme to them.

Poppies

The first one 'Poppies' 'Poppies' was new  and was my attempt to create an abstracty splurge of poppies to match the Cornflowers one that I had accidentally created as part of cleaning some brushes when I was feeling a little hacked off with a different painting not matching my expectations.

However, the poppies have turned out too organised, too thought out, so I will have to do another one. The idea is to complement the Cornflowers.

Red Sky At Night

So after doing Poppies - had a bunch of reds on the palette. So what could I do with that. I thought about some of the sunsets that I have seen. Am I the only one who marvels at the colours of the sky during sunset? Can't be - appear to have a book of photographs of Sunsets that I received as a Christmas present a few years back.

So started with my usual technique of slopping the paint on and seeing where it took me I ended up here. Now there are a couple of things with this picture. One I failed to remember to crop it before I uploaded (for which he humbly apologises - ed), oops sorry. The other thing is that it is more pink sky at night than red. The other, other thing is that it should be @2013 - as I did it last weekend. I do know it is 2013, just the export tag in Picasa hasn't been updated. OK ok ok, will sort that out right now... mumble mutter. Am I allowed to put that off just a little while (instant prevarication - ed) - aha it appears that I have already done it. So problemette solved.

Cloudy Sunset (1, 2 3)

Well even after the Red Sky At Night, still had some red paint on the go, so decided to make it More Purply Than That (tm) (not really - ed) and see what that would turn up.

First step(s) ended up with this (ok ok - what is it with youse guys and lack of cropping - ed) , nowhere near purply enough for the clouds that I was intending. So I soldiered on (by this time Youngest Son was playing Diablo III and the pencil drawing of the anime was about half done - no focus these youngsters) and ended up with 'Cloudy Sunset'. Now you might think that you have never seen a sunset like that. I would suggest that you simply look. Remember this is ART and is MY interpretation.

On reflection Cornfield, Cornflowers and Poppies

Belatedly realised that I actually created 3 new ones and finished off the other one. This was the cornfield with cornflowers that I was doing before Christmas that needed something else to make it 'better', it appears that what it needed was poppies. Here is the Before and there is the After (but surely it is not cropped - ed).

For some strange reason I have named it as a Wheatfield. Oops again.

No comments:

Post a Comment