Thursday 14 March 2019

Ragelet

Definition: Ragelet

noun:

1.  A very minor irritation

Perhaps like a single mosquito bite.

Which, if you are Bridget blows up into a tennis ball sized red monstrosity, within what seems like minutes, but if me, just another things on my body that I have to scratch.

Perhaps even generated by a new improved work process that is in fact a step backwards, as it  consumes more of your time for absolutely no personal benefit (but saves other people time and money).

Perhaps generated by simple spelling mistake e.g. "passsports" with that slippery extra "s".

Perhaps generated by cars speeding through a 20 mph zone at closer to 40 mph with nary a concern.

Perhaps generated by cars/vans/trucks going through road side puddles and blithely unaware and uninterested as they pick their noses, eat their breakfast, text, talk on the phone, do their hair as they splash that unwary highly visible pedestrian with a tsunami of water.

Perhaps generated by another piece of unthought out, over worded, unimplementable,  unfit for purpose piece of Government legislation that not only fails to address the issue that it purportedly is supposed to address but makes life that little bit more difficult for everyone that comes into contact with it

Note: ragelet is not a word that is in general usage (as I have made it up, ooh - one sec while I google it - yep - not out there in internet land, so another word first for me).

How it relates to me

I see ragelets (oh yes, there are normally found in large groups, usually lurking in the corners of you mind) as set of  small things that are added one at a time to my mental landscape and have over perhaps the last year or two, created a vast monstrous palace (Gormenghast - ain't got nothing on it - I can tell you) of rage about what seems to be almost everything that I see, read, watch and have to deal with. But that is a different post.


Note:  A ragelet (all by itself, is nary a danger) , however, with time and effort and  the subtle  addition of its brethren  (other ragelets), maybe one here, one there, a couple from behind the sofa,  bloom into a damn good inferno of rage.

Be warned. Ragelet induced rage is one of the most concerning epidemics of our times.

Just don't mention  IR35 or Brexit whilst I am in earshot.

It seems that the use of certain words or short phrases can generate  a cascade of self-perpetuating ragelets, that can quickly form into a black rage in just a few short but in no way sweet moments , I can tell you!

Also, as can anyone who has been there when it has happened to me.

Some of these poor people are still on the path to recovery.

I do visit them from time to time in the post-rage unit (PRU) , with flowers and fruit, not sure why I do that, but it seems appropriate; though the nurses keep telling me to ditch the flowers as they can trigger asthma attacks, sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment