Monday 23 January 2017

Beau or The Black Hell Beast - RIP

It is with sadness and regret that I have to inform all of my readers that, The Last Cat, Beau aka The Black Hell Beast - made famous in the post The Olive Tree and The Cat has passed away.

He fell ill just before Xmas (along with most of the country, including Bridget - Dr Ed) - the application of vast quantities of antibiotics and the ingestion of copious tablets for nearly a month appeared to get him back to health (or as close to "health", as a 19 year old cat can get - vet ed), but then he caught another infection a couple of weeks ago.

This appeared to be and in fact turned out to be, The Final Straw (tm). He lost., not only his appetite but most of his remaining weight; then over the last 7-8 days leading up to last Saturday 21st January he was surviving on water alone and visibly failing, day by day .

We had hoped that he might simply give up the ghost of his own accord and go to the long sleep without any help, but sadly the vet had to be called out to administer some medication, that us humans have to go to clinics in Switzerland to get, to bring him to a slightly belated, peaceful end.

He now lies buried in the garden, not far from his long time litter mate, Oscar.

I intend to write a post all about his life, weaving in many of the stories that Bridget (in mourning and wearing black for an indefinite period - in requiem ed)  has told me.

I have already sketched this out in my head - and it may turn out to be quite long (when you say quite long, what do you mean - as "long" as the neverending Anguish in Aberdeen or hopefully much, much [much] shorter - hopefully pithy and to the point ed).

There is no deadline for this, as I refuse to put myself under any pressure as I think that Beau deserves my best work.

He is missed, even by me, which is quite a turn up for the books - I can tell you.


No comments:

Post a Comment